Thursday, July 28, 2011

Peopleforbikes pledge

Peopleforbikes is trying to get one million signatures in support of bicycling. They were in Knoxville yesterday at Market Square Farmers' Market, and lots of bicyclists showed up, from road bikers, commuters, to mountain bikers. Plus, there were the random passers-by who bike on the greenways. It was wonderful to show off our bicycling community to this national organization! They seemed impressed by how close knit we are.

Please show your support for bicycling by signing their pledge. I promise it's the most simple, straight-forward pledge you'll ever sign.
http://www.peopleforbikes.org/pages/pledge

Here's what it says:
I am for bikes. I'm for long rides and short rides. I'm for commuting to work, weekend rides, racing, riding to school, or just a quick spin around the block. I believe that no matter how I ride, biking makes me happy and is great for my health, my community and the environment we all share. That is why I am pledging my name in support of a better future for bicycling — one that is safe and fun for everyone. By uniting my voice with a million others, I believe that we can make our world a better place to ride.

No comments: