Friday, December 19, 2008

Tour de Lights despite the drizzle



I didn't expect many people to show up, but they kept rolling in! I think we had between 100 and 150 bicyclists. It was great to see everyone with their lights, tinsel and costumes. Ryan, of course, had put tons of work into his trailer--a container of coal! (Ryan, you won a gift basket from Mast General--congrats, and just stop by there to pick it up downstairs!) There was also a huge gift-wrapped box that produced fog. Andie had a whole Nutcracker theme going on, and Shelaugh was Ms. Claus.

We enjoyed treats from Rita's before the ride, along with bike safety checks by Harper's and Fountain City Pedaler. After the ride, Mast General provided hot cocoa and cookies. Prizes for best decorations were donated by Mast General, Tomato Head and Rita's. It is so great to have support from our local businesses. And much thanks to KPD for their help with traffic control.

Hopefully the weather will be better next year. I can't wait to see what costumes and decorations there are for the 3rd annual ride! It just gets better and better.

2 comments:

Coffee & Conversation said...

I missed the bike ride because I was unable to find the information as to the time and date of the ride. I may just have not looked hard enough, but could only find 2007 info. I would like to participate in 2009!!

kelley said...

Sorry! If you send me your email address I can put you on my list so you're sure to find out about our rides. Now that you're following this blog, though, hopefully you won't miss anything else! kelley.segars@knoxtrans.org is the address if anyone wants to be added to the email list.